welcome

I'm glad you're here.

Jump right in. The water's fine.

I hope you like it here.

The Gift of Time

Sometimes it’s the little things that mean so much,

like taking time out from our crazy compact schedule

to see a friend’s first steps in film production,

to comment positively on their work,

and leave constructive criticism to the critics.

This simple gift of time touched my friend deeply.

She said my encouraging words warmed her heart.

She said they meant more than I would ever know.

She said this with an expressive thank you card and gift,

that made me feel tearful, joyful, grateful and more.

Sometimes it’s the little things that mean so much.

So when someone you care about asks you to do

something that will only take a little time,

nothing more…

please don’t put it off forever,

because the truth is:

we can all find time to do the things we really want to do.

6 Responses to The Gift of Time
  1. Nwachukwu
    September 4, 2011 | 10:56 am

Big Aunty, your post summarized yesterday’s excitement. I made time for my friends and didn’t regret it!

• chichi
      September 4, 2011 | 11:53 am

Nwachukwu, it’s great that you made time for your friends and had fun too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

2. Adrienne
    September 8, 2011 | 10:38 pm

I always make time for my friends Chichi… And I had a friend email me not long ago to tell me how much they appreciated some advice I had given them. Unless they told me, I would have not known that what I shared with them was helpful. So letting that person know that you made an impact is just thoughtful.

Always remember the little things because as time goes by, they are usually the things we remember the most.

Thanks for this post. :-)

• chichi
      September 8, 2011 | 11:30 pm

Adrienne, I agree that is is thoughtful to let someone know that they made an impact on us. And yes, the little things aren’t so little because they stay in our memories.

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to connecting again with you.

chichi

3. Carolyn
    September 9, 2011 | 8:41 pm

Hi chichi, what a simple, but powerful truth. Thank you for the reminder that the most precious gift is time. This is so true and I value the time I get to spend with my loved ones. There is no better gift.

I appreciate the time Adrienne takes with her friends as well. She is very generous with her time.

• chichi
      September 9, 2011 | 9:29 pm

Hi Carolyn, we all need the reminder that time is a great gift for our loved ones. Yes, Adrienne is very generous with her time, and so are you. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and post a comment. I appreciate that.